CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR ISSUE 63: NOTES ON RENEWAL
• renewal ~ return ~ rebirth ~ metamorphosis ~ motion ~ synthesis ~ transformation ~ translation ~ revolution ~ revelation ~ renovation ~ recycling ~ rewilding ~ rebuilding ~ reincarnation ~ reinterpretation ~ recovery ~ release •
For many of us, the past few months have been a period of simultaneous stasis and upheaval. Notes invites you to explore or escape from the strangeness of this particular moment by making – and sending us! – art that thinks about RENEWAL.
To accompany this issue, Notes is itself undergoing a transformation: we are going digital! Alongside a limited print run, issue 63 will be published online. This means, excitingly, that we are going to be able to take COLOUR ARTS SUBMISSIONS for the first time in our 8-year history! We want to ensure that this issue is particularly radiant, and will therefore be particularly on the lookout for visual work – photography, illustration, fine art, digital art, collage, sketches, memes – as well as the usual poetry, flash fiction, short essays, reviews, jokes, recipes, erotica, etc.
DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT 9TH OCTOBER!
All Submissions to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org!
- We accept submissions from any academic discipline or art form, whether that’s creative writing, essays, artwork, photography, etc. And we always give critical feedback.
- You do not have to be a student at Cambridge. Notes is open to all.
- There is usually no theme. If there is for a particular issue we will make that clear.
- Maximum of three pieces of written work at a time. Artwork (including photography and illustrations) has a maximum of six pieces.
- Our word limit for essays and short stories is 750 words. Longer works will not be read.
- Poetry should not be over 2 A4 pages.
- If you have formatted your piece in a specific, meaningful way, please let us know in the submission email.
- Please send each written submission in its own Word document or PDF.
- Please submit artwork as attachments in the best resolution possible; .jpegs, .pngs and PDFs are fine.
- While our standard fortnightly issues are black and white inside, colour artwork submitted to us may feature on our issue cover or on our Instagram account, with your permission. Our annual issue and some themed issues are in full colour.
- Please include your name with work! If you would like to be published anonymously, include a line about this and we’ll make sure it happens. Please also include your Instagram handle in your email if you have one, as if we publish your work on our Instagram, we like to tag the creator!
Please send any queries to email@example.com.